Living in the Moment
Living in the moment and not worrying about the future is difficult. We live in a world where having anxiety is completely normal. We go day to day constantly worrying about what homework we have due next week, what appointments, meetings, social events, and other things that we have to attend. But it is extremely important to live in the moment and take a few minutes (or even an hour) to be completely carefree and have the feeling of bliss take over. We want to be able to live carefree and embrace the peacefulness that is within us so that we can achieve pure bliss and not have any worries. Some ways to achieve this:
1. Meditate and breathe!! Relax, breathe in and out until a calm feeling slowly takes over and you are left with nothing but feelings of serenity and peace. If you need tips for meditation pick up The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
2. PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN! Our phones suck us in so easily and we are constantly checking them for the latest posts on Instagram and twitter. If you know you will be in a beautiful place and will want to take pictures, drop the phone and bring a hand-held camera, this will definitely help you forget the world and become one with yourself.
3. Go outside. Get connected with nature! Nothing is more peaceful then being surrounded with the natural beauty that is all around us. I think often times we take where we live for granted; instead we should always be appreciative of our surroundings.
4. Embrace the messiness within you. If you feel like singing, sing, even when you are in the shower in a public dorm bathroom or on the bus next to a complete stranger. If you feel like dancing, dance even if you are in the middle of the grocery store. If you find something funny, don’t hold back your laughter. Paint your nails all different colors dye your hair and take risks that make you happy in the moment. Sometimes we have to ignore the future, and open up our present.
The messy heads
More pictures here
– Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (via random-alias)
does it ever just scare you how big the universe is and how small you are